Thursday, July 01, 2010

Ouch

Season has taken a bit of a knock back. Went to Kilnsey yesterday,  and got on Urgent Action. Had only done one warm up, Nerve ending, so perhaps was a little foolish. I set off and was feeling great, all the lower section felt easy. Got to the jug rest in middle of the lower wall, and felt a twinge in my middle finger. It didn't feel too bad, so after a quick shake i carried on. All the way through the jump move, and into the undercuts. I did the first move, but the bump to the second sika hold didn't go that well, i grabbed it wrong, and when i came to move off it to the jug, i fell. Grabbing the jug should be the route in the bag.

Anyway, on lowering down my finger felt a bit funny. Typical ligament damage feeling. I have been troubled with these over the years. I taped up for another go, but the tape made it feel worse. In the end i went home, not wanting to damage it any more. I have had these tweaks before and after a few days are ok to climb on. Not sure about this time, we shall see! Fingers crossed. Only i can't it hurts too much...

Might be time for a few weeks of trad. 

3 comments:

David Bulley said...

Unlucky dude, it's so frustrating when you aren't able to climb because of injury, or anything lol

Dave Redpath said...

Ice treatment time

Mark McGowan said...

ice ice baby...