Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update

I did things differently this year. Instead of going out to cold and wet crags, i was training in doors early. 2 or 3 PE sessions a week early on in the year. I feel i have a head start on last year and my body and how i feel with my climbing confirms that.

I made a quick redpoint of Austrian Oak the other day. This is a tricky little 8b at Malham. I had a day on it last year, but had forgotten all the moves. After a brief day working them out again, i had a quick redpoint. Falling pretty high after a foot pop. I came back a week later and it went 2nd go of the day. Normally routes feel easy on the redpoint, but this didn't. Was a bit of a fight!

Other than that, i have done a few other 8a's in a day at Dinbren. The new crag of choice as an alternate to Malham. Always quiet. Weather is always good. Lots of classics. Still a few hard routes left to do FA's on. (but don't tell anyone)

With this level i have early on, and my trip to Spain next week to really get a jump on the fitness, i feel i should be able to achieve my goal of the year and get my first 8c in the bag! (Whilst holding down a full time job!)

4 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

what do you do for work as it seems to afford a fairly good climbing lifestyle?

Ramon Marin said...

Go go Adam! You are right up there, 8c is around the corner for sure. You know it! Good luck. What are the contenders?

Anonymous said...

Full time job?!

Farmington Hills Energy Audit said...

Apprecciate you blogging this